Our Cooking School – The Awaiting Table Cookery School, Lecce, Italy
From the day we opened our doors, we have been reinventing what a typical cookery and wine course in Italy means. Read on to learn more about what makes The Awaiting Table Cookery School special:
1) Consider our locations. Our best cooking classes in Italy are located in bustling historic city centres, the epicentres of culture and human activity. Our courses offer you the opportunity to not only learn how to cook, cooking schools in Florence Italy, but to learn from the local people and cultures as well.
2) Our approach is holistic. Anyone can Google a recipe. At The Awaiting Table Cookery School, Italian culinary schools, we go deeper, teaching you the relationships between history and culture, geography and climate, agriculture and immigration tying it all back to how it impacts the food you are cooking. Most courses focus on the how. We focus on the why, which is always a much more compelling story and where all real learning really begins.
3) We are profoundly, almost pathologically, regional. Italy is a profoundly regional place. Even on your first visit, it’s likely you noticed how there are few things that are strictly “Italian,” but rather that the cultures, cuisines and even languages are all based on the regions where they come from. To teach ‘Italian’ cuisine is to deal in fiction – eating and conceptualising food in that way is unknown in Italy.
4) Wine is a part of everything we do and is never just an afterthought. It makes little sense to study food without the wine that is paired with it, as the two evolved symbiotically. Our owner is both a formally trained sommelier and a journalist for an international wine publication.
5) Our students are international. While we’re an Italian business, we’re an international school. As of today, we’ve had students from 42 different countries so expect great conversation around the table and friends who last beyond your time spent at the school.
6) Our staff is dedicated not only to your learning, but also to your comfort. Not only will you learn about our local food and wine, our staff will treat you like family from booking to departure, freeing you to relax, learn and connect. With a staff that speaks both Italian and English and an eye for detail second to none, we are here to help you plan your trip, find a massage while you’re here, or handle any issue that may arise during your stay.